HMV Case Study
LaddersFree service about 120 HMV stores across the country. We supported HMV administrators Deloitte across the country while our competitors withdrew their services, and now clean all HMV branded stores including the provision of several new store-opening cleans.
Who are HMV and when did we start?
LaddersFree began servicing HMV stores in the Midlands Region in 2011. At the time HMV was a major high street brand but profits were already declining. With falling share prices the decision was made to close many of the stores up and down the country.
HMV continued to struggle, and in January 2013 it went into administration suspending its shares and appointing Deloitte as the administrator.
Despite this we continued to honour our services in the Midland Region while Deloitte sought a buyer. Our competitors however, simply withdrew their services in the other regions leaving Deloitte without cleaning services.
As a result, we were asked to support Deloitte and continue to provide window cleaning services in the Midlands Region and other regions. We were happy to do so and ensured that all the stores were maintained to a high standard.
Hilco UK acquired HMV in April 2013 taking it out of administration and saving over 120 stores from closure. LaddersFree continue to service all HMV Stores across the UK.
Since that time we have worked closely with HMV maintaining the existing stores but also assisting them with opening new ones. We have provided at least six new store-opening cleans working closely with the shop fitters to ensure the stores look their best before they open to the public.
Why did HMV choose LaddersFree?
Our willingness to continue and honour the window cleaning at HMV stores in the Midlands along with our ability to take over the service at the remaining stores in other regions that had been abandoned by our competitors clearly demonstrated our loyalty to HMV. However, it was the provision of a quality, safe service that secured the work.
Some of the reasons we were chosen to clean HMV
- Central contact point and payment point to ease administration
- Excellent safety record and audited health and safety (HSE) compliance
- We always use local operatives who are fully trained and insured
- We operate a continual quality improvement policy and carry out courtesy calls and quality audits to gauge customer satisfaction. Any problems are immediately rectified.
- We provide satisfaction dockets for every job that we undertake
- We are able to provide a flexible service and respond rapidly to customer requirements such as requests for additional cleans
- We have a dedicated help line and respond rapidly to all queries and requests